Here are some things you usually do on vacation no matter where you go:
– Take photos.
– Try new restaurants.
– Rent a room / condo.
– Buy groceries for the duration of your stay.
– Buy airline tickets if you are flying or gasoline if you are driving.
Those five things are pretty standard for any vacation, and I’m sure there are many more, so you can try to come up with a more exhaustive list customized for you.
The main point here is that each year you will typically forget how much you spent on your room, gasoline, airline tickets, groceries and so forth. You may have taken photos, but they are probably just stored on your computer somewhere, or you may have developed a few and stored them with the rest of your family photos in a box in the closet.
How great would it be to have everything centrally located that dealt with your vacations every year? You should consider chronicling your vacations in an online journal. With an online private journal, you can:
– Upload your vacation pictures, and put a description of each photo if you want.
– Record the best places to eat.
– Scan and upload your trip receipts, such as gasoline, airline tickets, room fees, groceries expenses and more. This will allow you to set a better budget for your next vacation.
Yes, it may take a little time to chronicle your vacation in a private online journal or diary, but you will be taking a trip down memory lane, and you will forever have access to a secure area that you can login to from year to year and remember how great your vacations have been.